New Summer Swim Camp at Westhill Pool
Join us for a week-long summer swim camp at Westhill Pool. Max 12 children with 4 instructors, register today!
DATES: August 6-10
LEVEL: Age 7-13, Level 3 and above only (must be able to swim for long periods of time). For a description of levels please click here.
*Times may vary each day*
- 9:00am-9:20am: Check in, Change and Stretch
- Students will check in at the table, change into swim attire (no outside clothes in pool) and join our group warm up stretch before we start swimming.
- 9:20am-10:30am: Group Lesson
- Each day we will focus on a new stroke, beginning with the fundamentals: kicking, breathing, streamline and placement as well as an introduction to diving.
- Strokes to be covered: Front crawl/Freestyle, Backstroke, Elementary Backstroke, Breaststroke, Introduction to Butterfly.
- 10:40am-11:30am: Game Time!
- This course will include interactive aquatic games that will incorporate skills taught during lessons, while students have fun with their classmates including but not limited to: treading contests, swimming around the world, tee shirt relays, noodle races, diving and retrieving, sharks and minnows
- 11:40am-12:10pm: Snack Time/Cool Down
- Students will need to pack a snack each day for snack time.
- 12:15pm-12:45pm: Lesson Review and Diving Board Fun!
- During this time the students will review the strokes covered during the previous lesson in and out of the water.
- We will introduce the diving board to students in a safe and optional manner. Students will be encouraged to jump off the 1 meter board but not forced. Introduction to pool side diving will be covered as well.
- 12:45pm-1:00pm: Dry Off and Pickup
- Students will have full access to our locker rooms to dry off and change just in time for camp pick up!