ASSISTANT AQUATICS DIRECTOR
Working under the direction of the waterfront director, to ensure the general safety of patrons and staff at the waterfront, to supervise the lifeguard team, and to oversee Stamford recreations aquatics programs.
- Have a current Waterfront Lifeguarding certification with corresponding certifications in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid.
- Have a current Water Safety Instructor certification that is active (WSI.)
- Have experience lifeguarding at beaches and pool locations for at least 2 years.
- Have leadership/managerial experience.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage and work with residents, patrons, staff and Emergency Services.
- Need your own car to/from/during work hours to travel to different locations during the day.
- CPO certification recommended.
- Ensure the general safety of campers and staff at the waterfront.
- Supervise the lifeguard team.
- Manage any waterfront emergencies.
- Assist with program needs.
- Lifeguard daily as needed.
- Assist in training new lifeguards at the beginning of each summer.
- Perform all other duties and roles assigned by the Director or others.
- Be a role model and supervisor to staff
- Assist in overseeing Lifeguard swim tests
- Accept additional duties as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and dispensing equipment.
- Assumes the role of the Waterfront Director in her absence otherwise stated by supervisor
- January - March: Oversee swimming lessons during Mon-Tue-Wed-Friday 5:30-9:00PM
- April: Assist in interviews of prospective Lifeguard staff
- May: Assist in setting up waterfront areas, participate in planning/instructing staff training, begin supervising on weekends when beaches are open
- June: Working full time supervising beaches/pools
- July: Working full time supervising beaches/pools
- August: Working full time supervising beaches/pools
- September: Fall lessons start and waterfront/Heroy pool closes
To apply please send email and personal statement to Grace Quinton, Aquatics Program Director, at GQuinton@StamfordCT.gov. PICKLEBALL INSTRUCTOR
Stamford Recreation is seeking a part-time Pickleball instructor to lead Spring/Summer senior pickleball programs. Classes will take place at the Stamford Recreation Star Center and Cummings Park Tennis Courts.
Must be comfortable instructing beginners as well as experienced players. Experience with pickleball including knowledge of the rules, proper technique, and strategy necessary.
$25-$35 per hour, based on experience
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS
Stamford Recreation is seeking Camp Counselors for our popular youth Summer Camps. Candidates must enjoy working with children and be comfortable leading activities.
Camp Counselors lead groups of children (ages 5-12) in Summer Camp activities. Must be able to work 40 hours per week between June 25-August 10. Hourly rate is between $10.25-$15.00 per hour, based on experience.
All applications should be returned to the Recreation Services Office at 888 Washington Blvd or emailed to Bertrand Oubida, firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE
SUMMER CAMP PARAPROFESSIONAL
Special education paraprofessionals assist students with special needs under the direction of the Camp Directors. Paraprofessionals work in an inclusionary setting at one of Stamford Recreation Services summer camps. The special education paraprofessional assists camp counselors in general daily camp activities, help special needs students, and cares for their physical, emotional health and safety. Must be able to work 40 hours per week between June 25-August 10.
All applications should be returned to the Recreation Services Office at 888 Washington Blvd or emailed to email@example.com